Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Today I...

Has anyone ever asked you "What did you do today?"
Maybe an unassuming husband as he arrives home from a busy day at work. Some days it may look like I have NOT done much...BUT most days I do more than I can recall! Like everyone...my days are jam packed and at the end of the day I still have many items not checked off my list. As I fall into bed those undone items become the top tomorrow's list.

Just for fun...TODAY I woke up at 6am and went to the gym. I ran 4 miles on the treadmill and did 30 min. of resistance training. The holiday treats this season have caught up with me and I regret every bite I have taken.
I got home at 8am, showered and got the baby bathed and ready. Inbetween getting ready and bathing Tatum I am sure I hollered at the other children to hurry up, clean their rooms and brush their teeth!

I met my dear friend, Stacey and her three children at McD at 11am for lunch and our Christmas party. McD works well because the little ones can play in the germ infested playland and we can visit.

We ate lunch and exchanged gifts. By 12:30 we were ready to go to the mall.

On the way to the mall I quickly stopped at Seagull Book for one Christmas item I still needed.


Snow was falling and the roads were becoming very slick as we traveled to see Santa. We arrived at just the right time...no line for Santa. A line of about 15 quickly formed after our picture was taken...whew! lucky day!

Jade and DeLane were so excited as usual (ha ! ha! look at the thrilled expression on Jade's face) and this is the year Chase got the "news" about Santa. Tatum was so excited, held Santa's hand and asked him for "a boat truck trailer and that's all". We shopped a bit at the mall for last minute items and arrived home at 2:20pm

I baked and baked for what felt like 24 hours...making Pam's famous sugar cookies, drizzled with white chocolate and pearl candies. Tatum helped ( make a huge mess).

I made the easiest yummiest "turtle" candies. Place a rolo on pretzel, melt in 200 degree oven, smash a pecan or almond in the center. Everyone is pretty impressed with these tasty treats!

I finished baking treats for all my neighbors around 5:30pm and quickly bundled up in my warmest winter clothes to sit on a trailer in the freezing cold and sing Christmas Carols with the youth.
Sitting by Jade and my friend Cyndi was the best part of caroling. I finished caroling by 7:30pm took Jade and DeLane home and left for MORE shopping. I went to Kmart and Tai Pan. Home by 9:00pm...my feet hurt and I think they might be swelling. I sat down to put this post together, tucked everyone into bed, picked up toys in the hall as I walked to my room and jumped in bed at 10:30...I am sure I was asleep by 10:35! and that is what I did TODAY!







































1 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

I always just say nothing. It's a lot easier than trying to explain.