Sunday, April 25, 2010

PROM 2010

Whatever!


Say Cheese!
Princess Jade!


Look at their fists...a little too close for friends!



Jr. Prom...oh, I remember mine well and it is strange that Jade attended her's last night.

Her date was a friend of two years, Cameron. Cam asked Jade after his "girlfriend" said she couldn't go. Well, that became a little bit of drama at the dance when Cameron spotted his girlfriend across the dance floor with another date!( umm...did she really think he wouldn't know? I guess when you are 16 years old you don't think things ALL the way through) Jade was a good sport as Cameron left her with a group of his friends to question and solve his personal problem. Jade felt it worked out well because one of Cameron's friends, Jace, asked her to dance after he was ditched by his date and she is now thinking Jace is pretty cute!

This brought back a flood of memories...I too was ditched by my date at Jr. prom. My date had gone out with pretty much every girl in our high school so when he went missing I was not totally surprised. Life went on, I found some friends and went on to enjoy my prom. I loved my dress that year!

Being ditched is not such a bad thing. In the end you learn that you have to adapt to your situation and move forward...Life gives you many opprotunities to learn to move on , move forward and make the best of it. I am glad Jade is learning this valuable lesson now.

Jade you are a doll and I love that when I asked you how the dance was you said
"It was soooo FUN!". Your first response was so positive before the details of the night came. Way to look at things. Jade made Cam brownies today and wrote him a thank you note, holding no grudge and continuing to be friends with him.

3 comments:

Becky said...

amazing dress, amazing Jade, amazing mom!!! That is an impressive story and a valuable lesson learned. I love it! (Dannette, how in the world can you remember your Jr. prom? I know I went, I know it was probably lame, ...and all I seemed to care about was my hair and how thin I could make my waist look. Other than that, I remember no worthwhile details...so SHALLOW!)

ToddandTrisha said...

What a beautiful girl in a beautiful dress. Love the Hair cut. Sure is a good lesson for us all to remember that we can stand on our own and make the best of any situation. You have been doing some fun things around your house, and everywhere. So fun. Hope to see you guys soon.

The Snow Queen said...

Jade looks so pretty! I love that color on her!